Understanding Gestational Surrogacy As A Way To Grow Your Family
Gestational surrogacy is the only type legal in Ukraine, so everything mentioned here refers to this type of surrogacy.
- Your child will be genetically related to both you and your spouse or one of you if you use either a sperm or egg donor. Ukrainian law requires that at least one parent be genetically related.
- You can choose a donor with your same characteristics; so the child may resemble you, or other characteristics that are important to you.
- It is legal for you to choose the gender of your child.
- Your child will be with you from birth.
- Your names will be on the birth certificate as parents with no mention of a surrogate or donor.
- Your child will be a US citizen with no adoption or other processes necessary after arriving home. This differs by country.
- You can get started right away.
- Success rates are high.