Why Intended Parents Choose Surrogacy
Surrogacy is becoming an increasingly popular option for intended parents looking to build their families. Surrogacy offers a unique opportunity for couples to become parents, even if they are unable to conceive on their own. Intended parents may choose surrogacy for a variety of reasons, including medical infertility, same-sex couples, or single parents. This article will explore why intended parents choose surrogacy and discuss how to determine if surrogacy is right for you.
Reasons to Choose Surrogacy
Surrogacy is a great option for intended parents to start or extend their family, but why choose it? There are many reasons why people choose surrogacy, including:
- Medical Infertility: Intended parents may choose surrogacy if they are unable to conceive on their own due to medical infertility. This includes conditions such as PCOS or premature ovarian failure.
- Same-Sex Couples: Same-sex couples may choose to pursue surrogacy in order to become pregnant and have a biological child.
- Single Parents: Single parents may also choose surrogacy if they are unable to conceive on their own.
Considerations for Intended Parents
Before making the decision to pursue surrogacy, there are some important considerations for intended parents.
- Cost: It is important to understand the cost of the process and consider how it will be financed.
- Legal: Surrogacy involves complicated legal issues that must be negotiated and understood thoroughly. It is important to seek legal advice from qualified professionals.
- Support: The surrogacy process can be emotionally and physically challenging, so it is important to have a strong support system in place.
Finding the Right Surrogacy Agency
Once an intended parent decides to pursue surrogacy, the next step is finding the right surrogacy agency. There are a few key steps that can help you find the right agency:
- Research: Do your research and read reviews. Check out the agency’s website and read testimonials to get an idea of the services they provide and how satisfied other intended parents have been with their experience.
- Schedule a Consultation: Schedule a consultation with the surrogacy agency to get a better understanding of their services, qualifications, and policies.
- Ask Questions: When scheduling a consultation, be sure to ask questions. Ask about their experience and qualifications, the services they offer and the cost of those services, and the types of surrogates they work with. You also want to ask about the agency’s policies to ensure that you are comfortable with their guidelines and expectations.
- Get a Referral: Checking for reviews and referrals can be a good way to get a better understanding of a surrogacy agency. If you know anyone who has recently gone through surrogacy, ask them about their experience and if they can recommend any agencies.
- Trust Your Instincts: Ultimately, you want to choose the agency that you feel most comfortable and confident with. Trust your instincts and make sure that you feel safe and supported throughout the process.
Choosing the right surrogacy agency is an important decision and should not be taken lightly. It requires thorough research and careful consideration to ensure that you make the best choice for you and your family. Do your research and take your time, ask questions, get referrals, and trust your instincts. With the right research and guidance, you can make the right decision and have a successful surrogacy journey.
Surrogate and IVF Programs for couples around the world