Surrogacy with frozen embryo transfer (FET)
Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET) is a procedure in which a previously frozen embryo is thawed and transferred into a woman's uterus. This process is a part of In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) treatments, where embryos are created in a lab and can be either used immediately or frozen for future use.
At Delivering Dreams, a surrogacy agency based in the USA, we understand that the journey to parenthood may take different paths. One such path is through Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET), a process that has revolutionized the field of reproductive medicine.
The FET Process
The FET process is meticulously planned and executed to maximize the chances of success. Here are the steps involved:
1. Initial Consultation: Our experienced physicians will review your medical history and discuss the best treatment plan for you.
2. Preparation of the Uterus: Hormonal medications are administered to prepare the uterus for the embryo. This is closely monitored through blood tests and ultrasounds.
3. Thawing and Transfer: On the day of the transfer, the frozen embryo is thawed and checked for viability. It is then transferred into the uterus using a small plastic catheter.
4. Post-Transfer Care: After the transfer, you will continue to take medications to support the potential pregnancy. A pregnancy test is done after about two weeks.
The entire process is conducted with utmost care and precision, ensuring every step is meticulously planned and executed to increase the likelihood of a successful outcome.
The success rates of FET are comparable to, and sometimes even better than, fresh embryo transfers. Factors such as the age of the woman at the time the embryos were frozen, the quality of the embryos, and the receptivity of the uterus all play a role in the success of the procedure.
As an agency based in the USA, Delivering Dreams maintains a close collaboration with our partner clinics. These clinics are renowned for their state-of-the-art technology and a team of experienced specialists. This partnership guarantees that our patients receive top-tier medical care, significantly enhancing the likelihood of a successful pregnancy.
Female hands holding an embryo
Frozen vs. Fresh Embryo Transfer
While both fresh and frozen embryo transfers are part of IVF treatments, they differ in several ways. In a fresh transfer, the embryos are transferred into the uterus a few days after egg retrieval. In contrast, in a frozen transfer, the embryos are frozen and stored for future use.
Recent advancements in freezing techniques have made FET a more viable option. Studies have shown that FET can lead to higher success rates compared to fresh transfers. This is because FET allows the woman's body to recover from the effects of IVF medications, providing a more natural environment for the embryo to implant.
Benefits of Delayed Frozen Embryo Transfer
Delayed Frozen Embryo Transfer, also known as a "freeze-all" cycle, offers several benefits:
1. Optimal Uterine Environment: The delay allows the uterus environment to return to normal after IVF medication, providing natural embryo implantation conditions.
2. Reduced Pregnancy Risks: It reduces the pregnancy risks of fresh embryo transfer IVF cycles, such as preterm labor, preeclampsia, and low birth weight.
3. Genetic Screening: The delay allows for genetic screening, greatly increasing the chances of successful pregnancy and healthy birth.
4. Cost-Effective: It is less expensive for multiple transfers than repeated fresh IVF cycles.
Delayed Frozen Embryo Transfer offers a comprehensive solution for maximizing pregnancy success, with benefits including an optimal uterine environment, reduced pregnancy risks, genetic screening, and cost-effectiveness.
Factors Influencing the Success of FET
Several factors can influence the success of FET:
1. Age: The age of the woman at the time the embryos were frozen can significantly impact the success rates of FET.
2. Embryo Quality: The quality of the embryos is a critical factor. Embryos that are genetically normal have a higher chance of leading to a successful pregnancy.
3. Uterine Receptivity: The condition of the uterus at the time of transfer is crucial. The lining of the uterus must be adequately prepared to accept the embryo.
4. Transfer Technique: The skill and experience of the physician performing the transfer can also influence the success of FET.
5. Post-Transfer Care: Proper care after the transfer, including the use of prescribed medications, can impact the outcome.
The success of FET is influenced by various factors, encompassing the woman's age, embryo quality, uterine receptivity, transfer technique, and the quality of post-transfer care, underscoring the importance of considering multiple aspects to maximize the chances of a successful outcome.
The Delivering Dreams Difference
Choosing Delivering Dreams as your guiding light in your surrogacy journey opens up a world of unique advantages that set us apart:
- Clinic Selection Flexibility: We understand that each journey is unique, and we are committed to providing options that meet your specific needs. With Delivering Dreams, you have the liberty to select the clinic for donation, whether it's in Slovakia or Ukraine. This flexibility allows you to choose a location that aligns with your comfort and preferences.
- Tailored Service Packages: After the IVF cycle and PGD, we provide you with in-depth information about the quality and quantity of your embryos. This comprehensive data enables you to select the service package that best fits your needs, ensuring a perfect alignment between the services you receive and your requirements.
Pregnant Woman Holding Ultrasound Picture
- No Wait Time: We value your time and understand the emotional toll that waiting can take. That's why we guarantee no waiting time for a suitable surrogate mother. Candidates will be suggested immediately after the IVF procedure is completed, allowing your journey to progress without unnecessary delays.
- Direct, Anonymous Communication: We believe in fostering a connection between you and the surrogate mother. With Delivering Dreams, you have the opportunity for direct, yet anonymous communication with the surrogate mother throughout the pregnancy. This approach allows you to stay involved and informed at every stage, while maintaining the privacy and anonymity of all parties involved.
- Choice of Delivery City: We understand that the location of the surrogate mother's delivery is a significant factor for many intended parents. That's why we offer the option to select the city for the surrogate mother's delivery, either in Lviv or in Kyiv. This flexibility allows you to make decisions that best fit your personal preferences and circumstances.
Each of these benefits contributes to the unique and personalized experience that Delivering Dreams provides. We are dedicated to ensuring your surrogacy journey is as seamless and rewarding as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET) is a promising option for many individuals and couples on their journey to parenthood. At Delivering Dreams, we are committed to making this journey as smooth as possible. For more information on the cost of surrogacy, visit here. To understand how our process works, click here.